Testimonial of a single mother: “Vida Fertility is part of our story”.
Making the decision to become a single mother is not easy, so says Carine in her testimonial, even in 2023. Yet, many women are taking this path to motherhood and need support every step of the way. Find out how the care we provide to our patients makes the difference.
How to become a single mother in Spain
As sperm donation is required, undergoing an assisted reproduction treatment (ART) is mandatory for single women who want to become mothers. But if you also have to face a difficult patient care from your clinic, not to mention all the specificities of each assisted reproduction treatment related to your personal circumstances, it becomes a real obstacle course.
The steps involved in considering this option can be summarised as follows:
- Research and Planning: One doctor’s visit will be enough to identify the best treatment for you. There are different fertility treatment options for single mothers.
- Donor Selection: It will be necessary to select a sperm donor. At Vida Fertility we carry out a very thorough donor selection process.
Types of fertility treatment for single mothers
For single mothers who wish to conceive, there are several fertility treatments:
- Artificial Insemination (AI): This is the simplest and involves introducing the donor sperm into your uterus during the fertile period.
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF): It involves the fertilisation of your eggs outside your body with donor sperm and the subsequent implantation of the embryos in your uterus.
- Ovodonation: For women who cannot use their own eggs, donor eggs are used for the in vitro fertilisation.
- Fertility Preservation: Preservation of your eggs for future use. A good option for women who plan to delay motherhood.
- Each option has its own characteristics and requirements, and the choice will depend on the personal and medical situation of each woman.
Testimonial of a Single mother with Assisted Reproduction
At the age of 44, Carine wanted to become a single mother and had been undergoing assisted reproduction treatment for several years when her therapist recommended Vida.
“For her, Vida Fertility suited me because it was a human size clinic, where the patient is not just a number. I listened to her without conviction: I was sad and desperate. I didn’t have hope anymore”, recalls Carine G.
Vida Fertility: a game-changing encounter
When patients enter the clinic for the first time, they often have, like Carine, a long fertility journey behind them. This is normal, as we understand the logical reasoning of going first to a gynaecologist and then to a specialised centre in their country, whether for logistical or financial reasons.
However, fast and personalised care is very important in assisted reproduction, and many patients lose valuable time in long, slow and unsuitable protocols in their country. “My appointment with Dr. Spies and the exchanges with the team went well, with kindness and professionalism,” explains Carine.
“I let myself be carried along by the tests and the clinic reports: each stage was validated smoothly, without even realising it. The day I finally met Dr. Spies and her team: such gentleness, kindness and professionalism. I left the clinic serene and calm, happy even though nothing was guaranteed”.
Carine did her treatment remotely and became pregnant after her embryo transfer. Last November 18, she became the happy mother of Tiana.
“Vida Fertility, Dr. Spies, Sophie and Sonia smoothed my fertility journey, and allowed me to live a waking dream of becoming a mum. I warmly recommend Vida Fertility for their professionalism, gentleness, and kindness.
Thank you so much! Vida Fertility is part of our story”, ends the letter from this single mother to Vida Fertility.
Would you like to have a first consultation with us? Tell us about your case and we will get back to you with the answers you need.